Blog moved to Brightonandback.com on Wordpress.

#100happydays - Days 82 to 94


Hello my loves, I hope you are all well.

My probation period at work has finally gone into the practical phase. After two weeks of induction and training and some more training, I spent the past 8 working days (and a few Saturdays) at a restaurant, working my bum off and thoroughly enjoying myself. I think I'm finally getting into some kind of routine and am getting used to the full-time workload (plus the extra hours and days and well... that's what you get when you start in hospitality, isn't it?). This week I've got quite a steady schedule (9 to 5, how does that sound?) and actually a Saturday-Sunday weekend, so I'm looking forward to planning and scheduling posts and getting this blog back on track.

If you are following me on Instagram, you know that I've already finished my #100happydays challenge; nevertheless, as I started to post them on this blog a while ago it just felt wrong to keep the last almost 20 days off this blog. Below the cut, you'll find a photo-loaded summary of days 82 to 94. Enjoy!

I did finally receive the mark for my dissertation and found out which grade I'll be graduating from uni with. I wish I could say I have been ecstatic but my reaction was a rather desinterested, sober one. A day later I did eventually treat myself (if you can call it that) and took the Emirates Air Line instead of the DLR to enjoy the view on my way home.

The O2 and Canary Wharf seen from the Emirates Air Line
The O2 and Canary Wharf seen from the Emirates Air Line

As soon as you know me a tad better, you'll realised how much I love spending money on CDs or some kind of merchandise of my favourite musicians. When I found out that The Script sell signed copies of their new album on their official store, I obviously couldn't resist.

The Script No Sound Without Silence
The Script No Sound Without Silence

Although my way home is quite the same every day, I still stop and wonder how I ended up here. They sure are building a lot here in East London and you easily walk into areas that aren't quite as nice but I just can't help to admire the beauty of this big city. (Did I mention that I am a city girl?)

The sky seen from Canning Town
The sky seen from Canning Town

Canary Wharf isn't far from where I live, so naturally this wonder is often aimed at all the skyscrapers in that area. During the FnB Academy (training for restaurant and bar), we often went there for a pint or two after work.

Canary Wharf
Canary Wharf

Have you ever heard of Open House London? It's an annual festival of architecture and design held in London and usually takes place over a weekend. During those few days buildings and places that are usually closed to the public are opened for a few hours. I only made it to the Isis Education Centre at the LookOut in Hyde Park this year as I wasn't feeling well but the Gherkin is already on my list for next year!

the LookOut at Hyde Park
the LookOut at Hyde Park

... I just really love the docks, okay?
Royal Victoria Dock
breakfast with a view of the Royal Victoria Dock

I mean, if you can't tell by now you probably haven't had a proper look at the pictures. (This is Starbucks' chocolate swirl by the way.)

Sunset in Canary Wharf, London, the Shard in the background
Sunset in Canary Wharf, London, the Shard in the background

On our last day of the FnB Academy... (I miss seeing this lot on a daily basis.)

half the Class of 2014 at the FnB Academy
half the Class of 2014 at the FnB Academy

This might seem really silly to you but I have been a very happy bunny when we finally received our Yes I Can! badges. It is an essential part of the company culture, so everyone who works for the group has got one (after receiving the appropriate training). This tiny thing kind of symbolises being part of the biiiig biiiig family that my work place is. (I sound so cheesy, don't I?)

Yes I can!
my work badge

My first proper day of work at the restaurant started with a breakfast shift. Back when I still worked for Starbucks I saw the sun rise on a regular basis and I must admit, I really, really missed this. (Not that it would make me get up earlier when I don't have to... I love my sleep.)

sunrise at West Silvertown DLR station
sunrise at West Silvertown DLR station

Proud me after surviving my first evening shift at the restaurant. Hell, I was exhausted. (See my badge?)

after work selfie in the tube
after work selfie in the tube

And another proud me in my work apron - isn't it a lovely colour? :D

work selfie
work selfie

Finally a day off. I went down to Brighton to meet up with my Brighton girls. I hadn't seen them in a year and it was certainly great catching up and being at the coast all together after such a long time. ♥

meet up with my favourite Brighton girls
meet up with my favourite Brighton girls

Have you done the challenge yet?


See you soon, 

No comments:

Post a Comment