Blog moved to Brightonandback.com on Wordpress.

Review: MAC Lustre Lipstick in Viva Glam VI


Hello my beauties, how have you been?

Some of you might remember, some maybe not - it's been a while - in August I treated myself to my very first MAC lipstick! After a rather long browse at the MAC store I had eventually picked their Viva Glam VI from the Lustre finish range. I initially picked this colour as my mum kept complaining about the wide range of pinks I have in my lipstick collection, however, I must say this one quickly became my new favourite colour I own.


MAC Lustre Lipstick in Viva Glam VI

Type: Lipstick
Brand: MAC
Finish: Lustre - sheer coverage with a glossy sheen
Colour: Viva Glam VI - a terracotta plum with pearl
Price: £15.50
Others: The full price (minus VAT) from the sale of this lipstick range is paid to the MAC Aids Fund.
Buy this product here!

MAC Lustre Lipstick in Viva Glam VI

My experience: As I said, this one became my new favourite lipstick very quickly. While it does have great coverage it still looks pretty natural on my lips - what else do you want for an every day look? At the moment it is my number one choice for my work make up. However, after having heard only praise about the MAC lipsticks I must say I was a bit disappointed to see how quickly the colour fades. I have to retouch it approximately every two hours. I also found that it dries my lips very quickly, more so than my drugstore lipsticks which - as well - suprised me given the glossy sheen. So far I was rather expecting that from matte shades.
By the way, when I bought the lipstick I wasn't aware that a big part of my money will be donated. I think it would have been nice to tell me when I purchased it at the store.


I apologise for the quality of those swatches, still haven't found the best way to photograph them. Anyway, as you can see you can easily build up the depth of the colour which I think is another plus of this lovely shade.

Would I buy it again? Probably. (I just love the colour.)

I can't wait to try MAC's other lipstick finishes and will keep you posted once I got my hands on Hot Gossip and Craving. Until then,

No comments:

Post a Comment