Blog moved to Brightonandback.com on Wordpress.

No7 Match Made Service & First Impressions


Hello my beauties, how are you today?

If you live in the UK you've probably already seen this quirky ad. After a few months, I couldn't help myself and made my way over to the No7 counter at Boots to find out myself what the fuss is about and get my hands on a lovely bright red that suits me.

How does it work?


No7 uses a little device which reads your skin colour and matches that to their existing skin-true range of foundations and concealers. Therefore, it is essential to remove your foundation when you want to get matched. Ideally, they match both sides of your cheeks/jawline area; however, they have been very busy today so they only read the colour of one side of my face.
After already getting matched by L'Oréal and MAC it didn't come as much of a surprise that my skin-true shade is cool ivory but I was more interested in the lipstick shades that come with it anyway. I was given a tiny sheet labelled "Cool Ivory" with all the colours from No7's new Moisture Drench and Stay Perfect lipstick ranges and could happily pick between 18 different shades that apparently suit me. You should have seen my left hand and arm that evening; I did swatch each and every single shade of them and I must say, they know what they are talking about - I wouldn't have minded getting all of them as they are just matched my skin tone brilliantly.  I eventually got one of each collection as they had a "buy 1 get 2nd half price" offer going on.

605 Brick Red


Collection: Match Made Stay Perfect - lasts for up to six hours, while leaving your lips feeling comfortable and hydrated
Price: £9.95
Colour effect: Intense Colour
Benefits: Long Lasting & Hypo-allergenic
Finish: Matte & Semi-Satin


Ingredients: Isododecane, Polyethylene, Ricinus communis (Castor) seedoil, Ethylhexyl palmitate, Mica, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Lanolin, Hydrogenated microcrystalline wax, Glycerin, Panthenol, Sodium hyaluronate, BHT, Aqua, [+/- (May contain) CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 15850 (Red 6) , CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake) , CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI77492 (Iron oxides), CI 77491 (Iron oxides), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake).

Buy the product here.

My first impression: I personally had trouble applying the lipstick straight from the tube (yes, I am one of those girls) as it has a flat round top rather than the usual lipstick tip. Apart from that, however, the colour glides on smoothly and is as promised very intense. Although it is supposed to keep your lips hydrated you cannot deny that the lipstick has a bit of a matte, drying feel on the lips. It is a lot harder to remove it than most of my other lipsticks, so it looks very promising in terms of being long lasting.

300 Soft Ruby


Collection: Match Made Moisture Drench - keeps your lips smooth and soft
Price: £9.95
Colour effect: Intense Colour 
Benefits: Moisturising, SPF 15 & Hypo-allergenic
Finish: Semi-Satin/Satin


Ingredients: Phenyl trimethicone, C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, Mica, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Hydrogenated microcrystalline wax, Octyldodecanol, Polyethylene, Squalane, Ricinus communis (Castor) seed oil, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, C18-36 acid glycol ester, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Polybutene, VP/hexadecene copolymer, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) butter, Tocopheryl acetate, Rosa moschata seed oil, Glycerin, Stearalkonium hectorite, Panthenol, Propylene carbonate, Sodium hyaluronate, Ceramide 3, BHT, Aqua, Ascorbyl palmitate, [+/- (Many contain) CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 15850 (Red 6) , CI 51850 (Red 7) , CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI77492 (Iron oxides), CI 77491 (Iron oxides), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake).

Buy this product here.

My first impression: Unlike the Stay Perfect lipstick this one comes with a normal lipstick tip and applies smoothly and evenly. It feels very comfortable and nourishing on the lips and has very good coverage with intense pigmentation.

Have you tried No7's Match Made Service yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment