Blog moved to Brightonandback.com on Wordpress.

#APieceofCake 4: My Nectar List


Hello my loves,

How are you today?

Do you remember my Bucket List? I don't know when I started thinking about the things I want to do, see and achieve in life but I kind of always had a bucket list somewhere in the back of my mind. It took me a long time, to start writing it down and I doubt that the list I posted on here is long exhausted.

If you remember I recently did the #100happydays challenge and am quite proud of myself to have made it through the 100 days without failure. Those 100 days have definitely helped me to get into a mindset of a healthier and happier outlook on life; however, sometimes in our busy and hectic lives I think it is nice to have a reminder why we are lucky to live the life we have. While I was browsing  the web for ideas what to put into my A Piece of Cake series I came across this post and I think she is completely right. As it was so nicely put:
We need to reflect on the good things that have come to us in our lives. Even if you don’t feel like you’ve done anything huge with your life just yet, I guarantee you can find something to look back on and be proud of.

That’s why I’m suggesting we all make what I like to call a Nectar List. It’s a lot like a Bucket List, but instead of listing the things we want to do before we kick the bucket, we list the things that have been the nectar of our existence so far.
© Daydreaming in Ink

Therefore, after the cut enjoy the pride of my life: My Nectar List.
  1. I've got the role of the Nutcracker in our ballet school production.
  2. I've passed my ballet examinations with distinction.
  3. I've taken a bath filled with sparkling wine.
  4. I've had meals on the roof tops.
  5. I've danced through prom night until they kicked us out.
  6. I've packed my things and moved to the UK.
  7. I've packed my things again to study abroad.
  8. I've graduated from uni abroad.
  9. I've packed my things to move to freaking London.
  10. I've got an autograph by Angelina Jolie.
  11. I've touched Moritz Bleibtreu.
  12. I've taken a "smell picture" with a TV host. (Don't ask.)
  13. I've run successful fanpages.
  14. I've seen the sun set over Brighton beach.
  15. I've visited the Royal Academy of Dance (which organised the examinations at my Ballet school).
  16. I've been on top of the Eiffel Tower without taking any stairs (thanks, Dad).
  17. I've got my favourite dish at a restaurant although it was taken off the menu.
  18. I've taken off my bra in the middle of the city and the confused looks of bypassers have just been priceless.
  19. I've met my favourite singer as a teenager.
  20. I've arranged for my brother to meet his role model (- the sparkle in his eyes ♥).
  21. I've had a picnic on a traffic junction at 4 in the morning. (Don't try this at home.)
  22. I've hugged a stranger.
  23. But most importantly: I'm pursuing my dream.
... to be continued

It's not only things that make you proud of what you've achieved but also the little, silly things that make your life worthwhile. Be proud of who you are, what you do and enjoy your life to the fullest.
Have you done a Nectar list? Comment below, I'd love to read yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment