Blog moved to Brightonandback.com on Wordpress.

My MAC Wishlist

Hello my beauties,

How are you today? I started my food and beverage training today and am getting closer and closer to my first day at the actual hotel, I'm getting really excited.

Anyway, as I mentioned my budget is quite tight at the moment which isn't exactly ideal when you've got to spend your time in an expensive city like London. I know there are quite a few museums around but at the weekend I didn't really feel like going into town and consequently ended at Westfield Stratford City which is, if I understood correctly, only the 3rd biggest shopping centre in the UK - oh dear. I'm not sure if having such a massive shopping centre pretty close-by is in favour of my purse, haha. I highly doubt it considering all the different outlets to buy makeup. Browsing through MAC I did already find a few new bit that I really want to try/buy and as soon as I've got some money spare, I'll definitely head over and get my hands on them...

Lips


As some of you might know I did get myself a MAC Viva Glam VI lipstick last month and I'm so in love with that one that I decided to get my hands on some more MAC lipsticks. Truth be told I do already have quite a big range of lipsticks albeit most of them being drugstore ones. Unfortunately when it comes to picking a colour there's always that annoying voice in my head that keeps telling me that I don't need anymore (but I want more!), and I eventually fell for the following two:

Amplified Creme Craving




I am not gonna lie, I'm not an expert of their finishes yet, so when I picked what I think I'd like I purely went for colour. I must admit though, I have only heard good things about their Amplified finish (on all their lipsticks really) as it's supposed to be quite creamy and highly pigmented. MAC describes their Amplified Creme Craving as a 'burst of plum'. I found myself opting for darker lipsticks recently which is probably down to the season but also to the fact that I'm more daring now that my hair isn't blonde anymore as well.
Price: £15.50

Creme Sheen Hot Gossip




This one is a cremesheen finish which is apparently just as creamy and pigmented, however, it is a tad glossier. The Cremesheen Hot Gossip is a 'mid-tone pinky plum' which is generally the shade that I love to go for. I'm just in love with all kinds of not 'not really but kind of pinks' - my mum hates me for it. But I think it's gonna be one of the lipsticks that I'd still be able to wear comfortably once I decide to go blonde again or during winter when I'm a tad paler again.
Price: £15.50

Face


I did recently buy the MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC15 and I'm so impressed with it. In fact, the first time I wore it my friends was like "something's different but I can't tell what, it looks amazing". Later on she told me that everything looks so smooth and even but it didn't really look as if I was wearing anything - which really is what everyone is going for, isn't it? Just another proof that my previous foundation did indeed get too light for my skin tone. Anyway, that comment was the reason why I decided to look into their other face products.

Pro Longwear Concealer



MAC describes their Pro Longwear Concealer as follows:

A lightweight fluid concealer that provides medium to full coverage with a comfortable, natural matte finish. Colour-true formula last up to 15 hours. Helps conceal and correct the look of under-eye cirlces, and discolorations.

I do currently own a few concealers that I really like; however, I found myself mixing it up quite a bit recenly. I'm usually the type of girl that puts her concealer underneath the foundation but I feel like that's not ideal with the MAC foundation. As I don't really wear much makeup on weekends I was able to try the concealer then and there, and wow! Honestly. I do tend to get really bad undereye circles (Thank you, Dad) and really love everything that makes my eyes look bright and awake without getting into the lines and I found that this one is quite brilliant. Plus the colour is a great match for my skin tone so I assume it's 17 pounds very well spent.
Price: £17.00


You guys have no idea how much I am anticipating payday. I literally can't wait to get my hands on those.

What are your favourite MAC products? Please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment